The Dairy Leaders of Tomorrow curriculum includes three core courses, listed below. To access all lessons and additional resources, login or register here on the Dairy Leaders of Tomorrow website.
Lesson plans and associated resources can be accessed online and downloaded after registration is completed. Industry recognized certificates in both Dairy Herd Management and Dairy Business Management are available to students who receive a minimum of 80% on certificate examinations.
Introduction to Dairy:
- Lesson 1: What is the Dairy Industry?
- Lesson 2: Historical Events Impacting the Dairy Industry
- Lesson 3: Designing a Dairy
- Lesson 4: Dairy Cattle Breeds 101
- Lesson 5: What Jobs are Available in the Dairy Industry?
- Lesson 6: From Farm to You
- Lesson 7: What are Dairy Cooperatives and Classes of Milk?
- Lesson 8: Marketing Dairy Products and the Dairy Industry
Introduction to Dairy Herd Management:
- Lesson 1: What to Manage on a Dairy Farm
- Lesson 2: How is a Milking Parlor Managed?
- Lesson 3: Balancing a Cow’s Diet
- Lesson 4: Arranging a Dairy
- Lesson 5: Monitoring Herd Health
- Lesson 6: Dairy Reproduction
- Lesson 7: How are DHIA Records Interpreted on a Dairy Farm?
- Lesson 8: Conservation is Key
Introduction to Dairy Business Management:
- Lesson 1: What financial information is needed to successfully manage a dairy business?
- Lesson 2: What are the business structures available to Dairy Farms?
- Lesson 3: How can I Interpret Dairy Financial records?
- Lesson 4: What Other Factors affect Dairy Farm Profitability?
- Lesson 5: What are the Areas of Financial Risk on a Dairy Farm?
- Lesson 6: What Risk Management Tools are Available to Dairy Farm Managers?
- Lesson 7: How is a Business Plan Created?
- Lesson 8: What is my Ideal Dairy Business?